Over the years, Bailey Interiors undertook many notable projects and received many awards along the way:
- Bailey's were commissioned to do the part restoration of the Josephs college chapel at Hunters Hill in Sydney.
This job included the installation of arches and columns, ceiling vaults which had to be installed to match existing. Many things were achieved on this job, which presented challenges along the way which had to be solved by Bailey's in house casters and Bailey's very talented installation crew.
The final casting of the intersection from two different radius vaults was a real challenge, but we were able to achieve what they call a pendentive which is a term used for the intersection of two separate radius arches and vaulted ceilings
- Gardens on forest, a function centre at Peakhurst required a makeover to transform it into a more professional and up market entertainment and wedding reception venue. Bailey Interiors were called upon to use their expertise and experience in decorative plaster to reinvigorate the ceiling areas. Old ceiling coffers were demolished and replaced with a combination of bulkheads and double tiered Paddington cornice in 6 separate bays.
Bailey Interiors was successful in winning State AWCI Awards of Excellence - Winner in Heritage Restoration Category for this project
- Bailey's were commissioned to design and produce ornamental French Designed wall panels for Harold's exclusive women's wear these panels are featured right throughout their entire stores in Australia.
- New acoustic ceiling tiles supplied and installed to many schools in Darwin these particular tiles being designed and manufactured by Bailey Interiors at their factory 83-85 Boundary road Mortdale These tiles have exceptional Acoustic ratings .80 NRC with CAC of up to 42db these products are innovative with new designs and something really needed in schools for all their acoustic treatment.
- A job was commissioned for Bailey Interiors at South Yarra in Victoria by the builder and the National Restoration Trust The requirement was for the creation of a perforated ceiling with French ornamentation in each corner of the room. Each ornamentation to create all the four seasons of the year such as Winter Spring Summer and Autumn. Each of these themes had their own special design and charm.
These were specialised mouldings were made from restoration architect's drawings who were required by the National restoration trust to design a ceiling that meet their strict requirements.
All this was achieved by our in house moulders and casters. It was ultimately a stunning Job.
- Bailey Interiors were commissioned to produce sweeping plaster works for the installation of concealed feature lighting at Dooley’s Lidcombe Catholic Club. We won the 2015 National AWCI Awards of Excellence - Category Winner Non-Residential for this project
- Bailey Interiors was asked to work on the heritage restoration of a Point Piper residence. 2015 has been an exceptional year with the Association of Wall & Ceiling Industries (NSW & ACT) (AWCI) honouring us with 3 State awards – Category Winners in both Heritage/Restoration and Commercial categories plus Overall Winner.
- A truly magnificent mansion was built St Georges Crescent Toorak Melbourne incorporating specially designed cornice ceiling elements and reproduced from drawings which emulated Marble house from Newport U S A.
The drawings and sketches incorporated design features from the extravagant era of the 1930's All mouldings produced by Bailey's and timber mouldings from the builder collectively produced an outstanding product.
- A large house in Hunters hill was designed using Bailey's French FRC 003 and FRC 004 cornice with matching FCT 002 and FCT 005 ceiling rosettes , French classique bands FCB 001 with comer ornament FCC001 used as borders to the ceiling spaces.
All resulting in a classical French interior finish.
- A home in Drummoyne Sydney was decorated internally incorporating Bailey's decorative plaster products exclusively used for French styled cornice, ceiling domes pilasters and ceiling rosettes, this three story house was finished in a French provincial style.
- Large residence for Simmonds homes in Toorak Melbourne featuring large medusa head cornice with domes and French featured columns and panels to the whole of the house and home theatre a truly magnificent example of French architecture with French styling to the interior of the house.
- Bailey Interiors completes restoration of plasterwork of a house at Newtown, which involves the full restoration of an old plaster ceiling.
- Bailey Interiors installs a new, state-of-the-art plaster vaulted ceiling in a new home at Drummoyne in Sydney. The design involves purpose made arches incorporated in the plastervault. All of this is fabricated in our factory at Mortdale.
- Bailey Interiors supplies exclusive plasterwork to the Qantas Airways Lounge at Canberra Airport.
- Bailey Interiors completes reproduction of plaster ceilings at Ashton House at Elizabeth Bay. The house dates back to the 1890s and the ceilings are restored back to the original.
- Bailey Interiors produces a new acoustical ceiling panel which is used in the Building Educational Revolution Program.
- Bailey Interiors completes ornate and plaster works to Anita's Theatre at Thirroul. All this work is supervised under the direction of a heritage architect.
- Bailey Interiors continues to excel, completing the Qantas First Class Lounge at Sydney Airport. This job requires the manufacturing of ceiling tiles designed with a radius projecting two ways on the horizontal angle as well as the vertical angle. A huge challenge, but it was produced to such perfection that from this initial job, Bailey Interiors later completes similar work for Qantas in Melbourne.
- Bailey Interiors completes a most interesting project at the University of NSW, which requires the design and moulding of ceiling tiles replicating a very futuristic style. This is a truly remarkable job, as most people at the start say that this type of style is not possible.
- Bailey Interiors continues to win prestigious new building and restoration projects including The Rose Bay Cinema - a 1920s period restoration.
- The company continues to develop new technology to improve the efficiency and quality of its manufacturing processes including the building of a specialised cornice machine.
- Bailey Interiors wins the contract for the full restoration of St Patrick's Catholic Church in Parramatta, which was burnt down in the late 1980s. Again the workmanship is of an exceptionally high standard and the project is the divisional winner of the Australasia ‘fibrous plaster and restoration work, commercial’ award.
- Bailey Interiors develops a range of specialised plaster columns for internal and external use. These products continue to prove popular.
- Bailey Interiors wins a contract for the installation of plaster tile supply for the Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints in the whole of the Pacific Islands with projects proposed in Samoa, Fiji, Tonga, Tahiti and New Caledonia.
- 5000 sq metre plaster acoustic ceiling tiles are installed at Trinity Grammar School.
- Specialised ornamental plaster work is completed at Canterbury Hurlstone Park RSL.
- Major projects are completed at Granville RSL, St Mary's RSL, Eastern Suburbs Leagues Club and Brighton RSL.
- The total restoration of the Sydney Australia Hall ceilings, archways and walls is completed in the art deco design of the late 20s. This project wins the Australian Wall & Ceiling Institute award for the best plaster restoration for the years 2000-2001.
- Bailey Interiors wins the Australian Wall & Ceiling Institute award for the ‘most artistic plaster job’ for a project completed at the Ingleburn RSL. The job consists of three very large ceiling domes that were made off site, transported to site and installed in two major pieces.
- A Buddhist temple is completed at this time that includes very elaborate plasterwork.
- Bailey Interiors completes another masterpiece at the University of NSW. The design calls for a ceiling to replicate the look of 13 Italian Gondelliers, 12metres long x 3metres wide, hanging down from the ceiling, all made from moulded fibrous plaster.
- 22,000 plaster tiles are supplied to the BHP building in Melbourne.
- Bailey Interiors produces the plaster cornice (budget quality) called VRC range on the plaster cornice machine.
- Bailey Interiors wins and completes the Angel Place Recital Hall project in Sydney. This incorporates specially designed plaster work which is highly decorative, and offers significant acoustical and fire rating properties. The work is of such a high standard it is nominated for the Master Builders award.
- Bailey Interiors wins a project at the Sydney Casino with Leightons to build one of the largest ceiling domes ever made in the Lyric Theatre. In the main gambling hall Baileys supplies 26,000 ceiling tiles.
- Bailey Interiors becomes automated and builds the first overhead machine operated cornice production. Time is more than halved and quality is doubled.
- At the same time the company builds a new ceiling tile machine capable of producing 320 tiles per day as compared with one man making 100 per day by hand.
- Building of a showpiece house at Hurstville Grove incorporating all Bailey's French design cornice and special dome ceilings.
- Gordon shopping centre - the original design called for timber panel ceilings. The cost was too high however, and we developed an alternative in moulded fibrous plaster. This halved the cost of the project and created a beautiful decorative plaster finish to the centre.
- Restoration of the Southern Cross hotel in Sydney featuring an elaborate dome with a chandelier in the centre area.
Why Choose Bailey Interiors?
Over 70 years experience, we deliver unrivalled quality.
Bailey Interiors continues to be selected by builders, designers, architects and renovators who are looking for an impeccable decorative plaster feature for their building project. Bailey Interiors is the smart choice for all types of decorative plaster ceilings, plasterwork, architectural mouldings, plaster cornice, decorative cornice (including Victorian cornices), architectural columns, ceiling domes, archways, ceiling panels, plaster corbels, plaster fireplaces, ceiling vents, acoustic panels and acoustic tiles.
Contact us today to discover how Bailey Interiors can create a perfect design, installation and finish for your next decorative plaster project.